SOC Security Analyst – Level 1
The SOC Threat Monitoring Analyst role is part of the SOC will be working on multiple vendor SIEM Solutions and tools. Candidates in this role will monitor computer security events according to documented procedures and industry best practices and are the first line of defense in protecting the information systems from internal and external threats.
Ideal candidates should be experienced in the areas of networking, client/server technologies, and analyzing log files.
Candidates must have strong multitasking capabilities and be able to evaluate threats, vulnerabilities, and risk while under pressure.
Monitoring of security events received through alerts from Security Incident and Event Monitoring or other security tools.
Analysis, identification and reporting of events based on event-logs, syslog’s and other tools.
Performing Level 1 analysis of security issues.
Performing initial assessment of the priority of the event (Classification).
Performing initial determination of incident to determine risk and damage (Triage).
Monitoring of alert and downstream dependency’s health.
- Threat mitigation and reporting are top priority.
Responsibilities include deriving co-relations and analyzing logs from different sources, reporting threats, Documentation.
Takes an active part in the resolution of incidents, even after they are escalated.
Manage and coordinate with team to accomplish daily operational tasks as per defined standard and Maintaining the SLA’s in the operations.
Identified vulnerabilities, recommend corrective measures and ensure the adequacy of existing information security controls.
Work assigned via ticket queue.
- 1 years of information security monitoring and response or related experience.
- Bachelors or Master equivalent engineering/computer science education.
- Foundation level Security Certification Security like CompTIA Security, EC-Council -Certified Ethical Hacker Version 10 (C|EH).
- Basic knowledge on scripting.
- Protocols: IPv4, VLAN, TCP.
- Strong exposure on Linux.
- Protocols: HTTPS, DNS, DHCP etc..